6.25.2010

The day: 2010 Debut Author Week: KIERSTEN WHITE!

AHHHHHHHH! Ok, I had to just get that out. I've raved about Paranormalcy a lot on Twitter and even a half-frantic post on here, because I.Want.This.Book.So.Bad :) Kiersten took some time off her craziness to answer my interview question! Paranormalcy comes out now in AUGUST (the 31st) instead of September! AH!

AND: You got questions? Ask them in the comments! She'll answer any questions or comments you'll have. AHH, ok some more excitedness xD

Summary: Evie’s always thought of herself as a normal teenager, even though she works for the International Paranormal Containment Agency, her ex-boyfriend is a faerie, she’s falling for a shape-shifter, and she’s the only person who can see through paranormals’ glamours.

But Evie’s about to realize that she may very well be at the center of a dark faerie prophecy promising destruction to all paranormal creatures.

So much for normal.

-from her site (Don't lie to me and say this doesn't sound amazing)


INTERVIEW:

If you had to live in a house with 3 fictional YA character, who would they be?

Dobby the House Elf, because I'm a rather unfortunate slob and I hate cooking (but I'd be very, very nice to him and pay him and stuff),
Continuing on a Harry Potter theme, Dean or Seamus or one of the other minor characters to whom nothing bad ever really happened, not because I especially love them but because I'd like someone who could side-along-apparate me and they seem like a safer bet than Harry, Ron, or Hermione, who always seem to nearly die
And finally, Evie from Paranormalcy, which I know is cheating, but she'd feel bad if I didn't list her. Plus, I think she'd be fun to hang out with.

What do you want to accomplish 10 years from now?
Ten years from now I want to still be writing and publishing books that people want to read, have happy, healthy kids (who will be teenagers--good heavens, let's stop thinking about that right now!), and have a positive impact on the world around me. Also, I want to grow eight inches. But somehow I doubt that's going to happen.

If you could say something to your younger writing self, what would you say?
"You're not good enough yet." But it's a good thing I didn't know it at the time, because if I'd had any idea how much work and rejection was in front of me, I probably never would have kept at it! So, perhaps ignorance is bliss? It's a good thing to start out writing starry-eyed and sure that because you wrote it someone will publish it. And then it's a good thing to learn and get rejected and learn some more until you really ARE there! So I suppose I wouldn't say anything at all, I'd just pat my younger writing self on the head and give her a cookie.
~~~
Hope you guys enjoyed it! Kiersten is so nice and it was such a pleasure to interview her!

Ok, guys! Ask questions and comment away! Happy Reading!
-Harmony B.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...