6.10.2010

The day in which I throw a FireSpell

Thursday. O6.1O.1O

FireSpell
Chloe Neill

As the new girl at the elite St. Sophia’s boarding school, Lily Parker thinks her classmates are the most monstrous things she’ll have to face…

When Lily’s guardians decided to send her away to a fancy boarding school in Chicago, she was shocked. So was St. Sophia’s. Lily’s ultra-rich brat pack classmates think Lily should be the punchline to every joke, and on top of that, she’s hearing strange noises and seeing bizarre things in the shadows of the creepy building.

The only thing keeping her sane is her roommate, Scout, but even Scout’s a little weird—she keeps disappearing late at night and won’t tell Lily where she’s been. But when a prank leaves Lily trapped in the catacombs beneath the school, Lily finds Scout running from a real monster.

Scout’s a member of a splinter group of rebel teens with unique magical talents, who’ve sworn to protect the city against demons, vampires, and Reapers, magic users who’ve been corrupted by their power. And when Lily finds herself in the line of a firespell, Scout tells her the truth about her secret life, even though Lily has no powers of her own—at least none that she’s discovered yet…


Long summary for a short book. It's small, can fit into a purse easily, and is 246 pages of action-packed magic!
Lily is a loveable, stubborn and amazingly witty character. I loved her quick retorts and sarcasum, which were mostly directed to the "brat pack", those 3 popular girls that no novel in high school can do without. And I also love Scout, wish I had a frind like her. She was spunky, didn't care what other people thought, and a perfect blend of mystery and trust.
It was one of those reads where you just can't explain well but it made you squeal with excitment. It was the perfect blend of romance, tension, mystery, and magic all cooked into the same stew! The plot was fasinating, as was the hidden society in Chicago's oblivious streets. The Dark Elite are equal parts terrifying and thrilling and I loved immersing myself in it's complicated world. The Reapers, which are absolutely evil, sent chills down my spine and Enclave Three made me so want to be part of it.
Oh, and Jason. Ah, I loved him. His type of magic, I totally suspected right. When they said it, I was like: "I knew it!" And I loved Micheal as well. He made me laugh and he also spoke Spanish! Which is awesomely cool. Both of them were funny and cute and smart and just make me sigh :)
My rating: AMAZINGNESS!

Comment! Discuss! Happy Reading!
-Harmony B.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...