8.05.2010

Sea by Heidi R. Kling

Who: Heidi R. Kling
What: Sea
When: June 10th, 2010
Where: Amazon Barnes & Nobles
Why: Hype
How: Bought

Haunted by recurring nightmares since her mother’s disappearance over the
Indian ocean three years before, fifteen-year old California girl Sienna
Jones
reluctantly travels with her psychiatrist father’s volunteer team to
six-months
post-tsunami Indonesia where she meets the scarred and soulful
orphaned boy,
Deni, who is more like Sea than anyone she has ever met.

She knows they
can’t be together, so why can’t she stay away from
him? And what about her old
best friend-turned-suddenly-hot Spider who may
or may not be waiting for her
back home? And why won’t her dad tell her the
truth about her mother’s plane
crash? The farther she gets from home, the
closer she comes to finding answers.

And Sea’s real adventure begins

~~~


This was the original review for Sea:

ZOMG ewu ingruidngtdmin. BUY NAO, LOVE NAO, AMAZING. Heidi is a Genius. kthanxbai

But you know....that's not very informative. So pretty much, I absolutely adored Sea. I don't usually like contemporary novels and am very very iffy about them, but after Erica and Julie telling me I had too, I did. And i'm soooo glad I did because it was amazing.

Heidi has wrote a stunning debut that I would recommend to everyone!

All the the characters were sweet and wonderful and I loved them all. Sienna was the one that stood out the most for me. She had such a tragic past but she was compassionate and wanted to help people who had experienced things that she had. She was caring and a lovely Main Character. I'd totally want her to be my friend. Elli was the most adorable little girl I had ever seen. It shows how someone can have terrible things happen to them, but still be so full of life. Even though Elli was a child, I kinda admired that in her. Her ability to still be able to smile even though that had all happened. I admired that about a lot of the people in the orphanage.

And then you have Sienna and Deni. That is what drew me in to Sea in first place and it did not let me down. Sienna and Deni had a real connection, that was intense and beautiful. They were brought together by their similarities, both having tragic things in their lives happen and working through it. They were wonderful together and I just loved seeing them talk. I also loved Deni, he was so sweet and passionate and caring of the younger ones.

I also liked the small introductions to Indonesian culture that Sea gave you. You learned a lot about there temples and customs and the way you must act in a different place. It was nice seeing Sienna get accustomed to it all! I had never read anything in Indonesia so it was a refreshing change of setting!

All in all, Sea was a fantastic debut that you wouldn't even except it to be a debut. Anything else Heidi writes is now on auto-buy for me because she truly is a magnificent writer!
My rating: AWESOMESAUCE

Happy Reading!
-Harmony B.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...