6.25.2011

Ten Things We Did (And Probably Shouldn't Have) by Sarah Sarah Mlynowski

Who: Sarah Mlynowsky
What: Ten Things We Did (And Probably Shouldn't Have)
Where: HarperTeen
When: June 7th, 2011
Why: Hype (more specifically, THIS review.)
How: BEA (For Review)




2 girls + 3 guys + 1 house – parents = 10 things April
and her friends did that they (definitely, maybe, probably) shouldn't have.

If given the opportunity, what sixteen-year-old wouldn't jump at the
chance to move in with a friend and live parent-free? Although maybe
"opportunity" isn't the right word, since April had to tell her dad a tiny
little untruth to make it happen (see #1: "Lied to Our Parents"). But she and
her housemate Vi are totally responsible and able to take care of themselves.
How they ended up "Skipping School" (#3), "Throwing a Crazy Party" (#8), "Buying
a Hot Tub" (#4), and, um, "Harboring a Fugitive" (#7) at all is kind of a
mystery to them.

While this book started out rocky for me, I really ended up enjoying Ten Things We Did (and also ended up staying up until 4AM reading it) Fun beach read!

Starting out, I had to take a break around page 90 because I got pretty frustrated with a few things. Mostly because I knew how things were going to turn out and seeing April be so oblivious about it just made me go: "No! Why can't you see what is going on???" But once I picked it back up, I couldn't stop! April was funny, charming, and really, a typical teenager. I don't think i'd ever had the guts to pretend I was living at my friend's house but hey, that made everything a lot more fun!

All of April's friends had their little quirks and problems, and were really people that I would like to meet in real life (well, maybe just to tell Vi to take a chill pill.) But they were tight-knit and I loved that despite everything that could--and probably did-- happen, they stuck together like best friends should! Plus, Sarah wasn't afraid to tackle some big issues without getting all serious about it and maintaining that easy-going, funny voice that April had throughout the novel!

Finally, Noah. I never liked you, boy. Not saying anything else but, that's my opinion on that! Overall, I totally recommend it, especially if you're in the mood of a light-hearted contemp.)

Happy Reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...