7.22.2011

The Hourglass Door by Lisa Magnum

Who: Lisa Magnum
What: The Hourglass Door (Hourglass Door #1)
When: May 13th, 2009
Where: Shadow Mountain
Why: Interesting Premise
How: Bought






His past. Her future. Can love bring them together in
time?Abby's senior year of high school is textbook perfect: She has a handsome
and attentive boyfriend, good friends, good grades, and plans to attend college
next year. But when she meets Dante Alexander, a foreign-exchange student from
Italy, her life suddenly takes a different turn. He's mysterious, and
interesting, and unlike anyone she's ever met before. Abby can't deny the
growing attraction she feels for him. Nor can she deny the unusual things that
seem to happen when Dante is around. Time behaves differently when they are
together - traveling too fast or too slow or sometimes seeming to stop
altogether. When the band Zero Hour performs at the local hangout, Abby realizes
that there's something dangerous about the lead singer, Zo, and his band mates,
Tony and V.

And Abby's best friend, Valerie, is caught in their
snare. Dante tells Abby the truth of his past: he once worked for Leonardo Da
Vinci, helping to design and build a time machine. When Dante was falsely
implicated as a traitor to his country, he was sent through the machine more
than five hundred years into the future as punishment. As the past and the
present collide, Abby learns that she holds a special power over the flow of
time itself. She and Dante must stop Zo from opening the time machine's door and
endangering everyone's future. More than one life is at stake and Abby's choice
could change everything.


This was a book that I had put off reading for a while, mostly because the cover didn't really grab at my attention until I saw the book trailer (which i'll put down below because it is awesome.) But sadly, this book was a "meh" for me.

One thing I wasn't too much of a fan was of Abby, at least in the beginning. I completely understood the fact that she felt her relationship with Jason withering and Lisa made a good job of it throughout the beginning of the book, but really, did the friendship that they had have to disappear too? I mean, they had been friends for years! And she doesn't even try, which really did bug me. But as soon as Dante appeared, that wasn't even on her mind.

I liked the characters, especially Leo! I liked all the plot twists that concerned him as well as how much he cared for Dante. I loved Lisa's writing style and my favorite part had to be the whole concept of time travel! As you know, I love time travel and all it's complicated shenanigans so I loved hearing about it in the book! And especially how it dated all the way back into Dante's past! As for Abby and Dante's relationship...cute. Really, that's all I can say about it, I didn't get enough time to really love them in The Hourglass Door.

Overall, it was a good read, but it failed to totally grab me in a way that would really make me connect with the characters and the story.

Happy Reading!
-Harmony

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...