8.09.2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Underrated Books!


So this week we're doing books that we think haven't gotten the crazy buzz they absolutely deserve!

1. Every book by Rosemary Clement Moore

  • Yeah, yeah, yeah. I've talked about this before but seriously guys, so underrated! Much more people should be reading the awesome.
2. Dust of 100 Dogs by A.S King

  • I loved this book! A.S King's sophmore novel, Please Ignore Vera Ditz, is much more well known around these parts but I think this one doesn't get enough credit. Pirates!
3. Fixing Delilah by Sarah Ockler

  • Well known, but mostly in the blogging community (and because Sarah is awesome). But I want more people to read it! It's the book that made me not hate contemporary so I love it when everyone gives it a try.
4. The Thief by Megan Whale Turner

  • Read it! All of you! It's one of those books where you get to the end, and you simmer over it, and then you're like: "OH MY GOD, SHE'S A GENIUS" because everything clicks in your head.
5. Heist Society by Ally Carter

  • This is Ally Carter's newest series about teen con artists and I is so. Damn. Good. Especially the second book, Uncommon Criminals! I think everyone should pick it up!
6. Lament by Maggie Stiefvater

  • For this time, I'm thinking more in like, the real world. Because Maggie's Shiver Books are HUGE and her debut novel don't really get much attention!
7. The Mediator by Meg Cabot

  • One of Meg's lesser known series. Paranormal, about ghosts, totally awesome.
8. Brightly Woven by Alexandra Bracken

  • Just...don't even ask. Just read it! It's amazing!
9. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys

  • It got a LOT of buzz, but I really want it to just explode people! It was such a beautiful novel, it deserves to be in the hands of a lot more people.
and...I can't think up a ten, guys. So Top Nine Tuesday today!
Happy Reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...