12.27.2011

Books I loved in 2011 that indeed, did not come out in 2011

Because I need to talk about my love for the oldies, right?

note: when you make a list like this, you start to realize that as a blogger, you don't deviate too much from the year in which you're in.


Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves: Totally insane and twisted but in such a fascinating and awesome way that i'm going to read all of Dia's books for the rest of eternity!

The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen: Yeah, you guys were outraged I hadn't read a Sarah Dessen so I went out and did it! And this one is my favorite!

Looking For Alaska by John Green: Again, you guys were outraged and I LOVE the Vlogbrothers so bam! Loved this book. 



The Thief by Megan Whale Turner: for hardcore high fantasy lovers; brings on the prose and the action and everything I love. Plus, the characters are awesome!

The Dust of 100 Dogs by A.S King: Pirates! A kick-ass heroine! I fell in love with this book the minute I opened it.

The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima: She is brilliant. This series is brilliant. She has me completely entranced and I can't wait for The Crimson Crown. And the romance is exquisite (saying this because people seem to think High Fantasy can't have romance in it)



Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: Because guys, this came out in DECEMBER. So many of you tried to nominate it for Best Book/Contemporary of 2011, but no dice! But it's funny, sweet, and absolutely brilliant. A thousand recommends. 

The Queen's Daughter by Susan Coventry: Smart and brilliant and a beautiful view into Richard The Lion-heart's younger sister and how her life might've been like (considering history skims over her very, very briefly). The author changes from history a bit, considering I always wiki historical characters after I finish, but i'm so glad she did and subtly. 

Eon by Alison Goodman: Just absolutely amazing in every aspect of the word. High-Fantasy at it's best. I didn't even care there was no romance, which is SAYING something (but I did comfort myself with the fact it seems there will be in Eona)

Happy Reading!



LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...