1.06.2012

"Why are you staring at me?"


Title: Switched
Author: Amanda Hocking
Release Date: January 3rd, 2012
Publisher: St.Martin's Griffin
Pages: 336
Edition: Paperback
Goodreads: Link
Buy: Amazon | B&N | Book Depository

When Wendy Everly was six years old, her mother was convinced she was a monster and tried to kill her. Eleven years later, Wendy discovers her mother might have been right. She’s not the person she’s always believed herself to be, and her whole life begins to unravel—all because of Finn Holmes. But it isn’t long before he reveals the truth: Wendy is a changeling who was switched at birth—and he’s come to take her home.

Finn is a mysterious guy who always seems to be watching her. Every encounter leaves her deeply shaken…though it has more to do with her fierce attraction to him than she’d ever admit.

Now Wendy’s about to journey to a magical world she never knew existed, one that’s both beautiful and frightening. And where she must leave her old life behind to discover who she’s meant to become…

So this book was not a win for me. List? YES LIST TIME:

1. Wendy was a pretty dull heroine. She never really had a personality, was constantly putting herself down or saying things were her fault, and she didn't really do anything to move forward the plot.

2. I thought the whole idea of the Trylle was pretty frigging awesome and we hardly got any of it! I don't really understand what the plot of this was, considering there was a lot of: THERE IS DANGER BUT SECRET DANGER. No one really told Wendy anything and therefore, *we* didn't know anything. At all. And where's the action? I was expecting some action from how dangerous the bad guys sounded.

3. The instalove in this book! From page 15, I knew it would be the downfall. Wendy has JUST met Finn formally after he'd intense creepy stared at her for a week. THEN he meets her up at a dance and asks her a dance and THEN is a TOTAL DOUCHE. Plus, he sounds completely insane in the beginning. And she says this to herself and she's like: but I really, really like him. WUT? Their entire relationship was based on something that I never saw in the first place. They didn't have any chemistry or spark; they were just tossed together and I didn't like it at all.

4. Speaking of Finn, he was much like Wendy on the personality scale. I can see he's very protective and pushy and likes to foreshadow lots of stuff and never explain it, but I would've liked some more information. ON THE OTHER HAND...

4. Rhys, will you marry me? This boy is the saving grace of this book! He was funny and charming and completely adorable. I mean, if you're going to for someone you can't have, pick the not-creepy, not-pushy boy! He was so sweet and awesome to Wendy and they had SO much chemistry!

5. By the end of the novel, we really don't know anything. We don't know why the bad guys want Wendy, what's so special about her, and if she's even as awesome as everyone keeps reminding her she is! And speaking of that ending, what she did was TOTALLY wrong and why was she going all about "I don't like using my powers like that" and THEN USES HER POWERS LIKE THAT.

Overall, I was very sad I didn't enjoy this book since I've heard SUCH good things about it but definitely not my cup of tea.

Happy Reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...