6.12.2012

Top Ten Tuesday + Tune In Tuesday (1)

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely Jamie over at The Broke And The Bookish and this week topic is: 

TOP TEN SUMMER BEACH READS

1. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray -- a social commentary as well as a book that takes place on a desert  island.

2. Epic Fail by Clarie LeZebnik -- something cute, fun, and a P&P retelling!

3. When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle -- a little bit of heartbreak and a little bit of humor.

4. Incarnate by Jodi Meadows -- I think this book is deep enough that you won't be bored but fun enough that you won't become depressed or upset while you're catching some sun.

5. Virtuosity by Jessica Martinez -- this book includes a great heroine, some major swoonage, and a music competition!

6. Between The Sea and Sky by Jacklyn Delamore -- as always, I have to include a high fantasy recommendation! It's very short and light for a High Fantasy book so I had to include it!

7. Die For Me by Amy Plum -- a very awesome plot with a very light-hearted voice

8. Anything Sarah Dessen -- because when I think summer reads, I think contemporary! And who is the queen of contemporary?

9. Timeless by Alexandra Monir -- loved this book! it's cute but also intriguing and it's about time travel!

10. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver -- I picked this one instead of Delirium because Delirium is an intense read when you're looking for something a little more light. Before I Fall still holds the same emotional and literary value as goes with Oliver's work but it's something you can put down and pick back up again.


Tune In Tuesday is hosted by Ginger over at G Reads and it's basically a meme that lets you showcase music on your blog!

So i'm one of those CRAZY people that love dubstep and this has basically been on repeat on my ipod when i'm at the beach (which guys, I live in Miami, that's often)


Happy Reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...