8.26.2012

State of the Union 8/19

Hey guys! So first week of junior year was cool! My school is always really flamboyant when it comes to....everything, so us juniors had J's and Seniors has like a red carpet thing with sunflowers and crowns and insane stuff like that.

WHAT AM I WATCHING?
This is Yuri. Yuri is awesome.
So I finished Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood if it wasn't obvious by my tumbling of all things FMA:B. BUT I'm not going to talk about it because I'm writing a whole post about how amazing it is and how THAT is how you tell a story and wonderful spoilery stuff. But seriously, watch it.

IN OTHER NEWS, I watched an anime called Angel Beats because I had heard some good stuff about it and it was on Netflix (also it was only 13 episodes and it sounded like a nice, light-hearted anime to watch before I started Death Note). Light-hearted? This anime may start out light and cool and awesome BUT I BAWLED LIKE A BABY IN THE LAST EPISODE. Like seriously, I'm super surprised if you don't at least tear up a little bit at that last episode.

It's about teenagers who died before fulfilling their dreams and so they're stuck in this way station high school before they can move on to whatever happens after. So this battlefront of teenagers ain't just going to take this sitting down and form a team to fight against the people trying to force them to move on. Also Yuri (or Yurippe) is my favorite forever and ever so there you go. Leader of a whole battalion of people (including guys who respect her opinion and follow her lead because they know she knows what she's talking about), amazing with weapons, strong-willed and brave while still managing to be vulnerable and emotional at times.

WHAT AM I READING?

I'm almost done with FMA the manga! I'm on chapter 75 and it's every bit as good as I thought it was going to be. Once I'm done with this, I'll feel okay going ahead with Tsubasa Revosoir Chronicles. 

In real book news, I read Outpost by Ann Aguirre! I have...lots of feelings. I mean, I really liked the book and I read it super fast but there are some stuff I want to address in my review soon!

WHAT I POSTED:

Monday: Bout of Books Result
Tuesday: Saving June by Hannah Harrington
Wednesday: Pretty Little Liars Recap
Saturday: Food For Thought: Parents

BOOK HAULING IT UP:

For Review:
I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
The Power of Six by Pittacus Lore
Rise of Nine by Pittacus Lore
(I'm probably not going to read this for both moral issues and "this doesn't seem interesting to me" issues so I'll see what I do with them! I lent Rise of Nine to a friend because he accosted me and I'm sure he'll never give it back so I might have a giveaway for the first two?)

Happy Reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...