8.11.2012

State of the Union: Week of 8/5

I'm going on vacation soon so I'm not sure if I'm going to have any posts or take a four day hiatus...I guess it depends if I have enough content handy for four days of me not having any internet!

WHAT AM I WATCHING?

I like this picture because it includes all my favorite people. ALSO ROY AND RIZA OH MY GOD.

Oh. My. God. Oh my god, guys. Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood has taken over my life with how freaking fantastic it is. While I do recommend doing what I did (watching FMA original first then watching this one) if you're pressed for time, PICK THIS ONE. Seriously, the differences in the beginning are subtle but the way the writers handle the storyline this time around is so much better than the way they did in the first one. They stuck to the manga more is what I'm told which is always a good thing to do.

But just...all the feelings. This show tackles things such as science vs religion, human sacrifice, what's worth a human life, mortality, family, all amazing and intense (while still managing to be light-hearted and funny at times all over that heartbreak) and it is just amazing.

On a more superficial note, I SHIP ALL THE THINGS.

I haven't watched Buffy since I started FMA but since I'm probably going to be finished by the time school starts, I'll be getting back to it soon!

WHAT AM I READING?

So on the manga side of things, I've started reading Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles because as a kid, I was OBSESSED with Cardcaptors. And so, when I found out that the characters in Cardcaptors are in this AU the publishing company produced (along with characters from Chobits and XXX-holic) I had to read it! And it's good so far, I definitely recommend it.

The only book I read this week was Throne of Glass and I already reviewed it on the blog as well! I'll be starting Drain You tonight, which is exciting since I've read it's set in the 90s. Now, I was born in 1996 but I don't remember anything about the 90s so it's pretty exciting to me!

WHAT I POSTED:

Monday: Magic Under Glass Review
Tuesday: Top Ten Posts that Scream Me
Wednesday: Pretty Little Liars Recap
Innocent Darkness Contest
Thursday: Throne of Glass Review
Friday: Bout of Books

WHAT I FOUND:

So you guys really liked my "web series" post SO I HAVE SOMETHING TO SHOW YOU. This is a web series called Dating Rules from My Future Self and the title is pretty self-explanitory. Each season features a different person so don't worry about not watching season one (I didn't watch season one) but why did I stumble across this? Because Candice Accola is in it! And for people who don't watch Vampire Diaries, she plays Caroline a.k.a one of the best characters on the show.


(a note: sadly, only people in the US can watch this. I have no idea why!)

BOOK HAULING IT UP:
no progress on my webcam so no video :(

For Review:
Embers and Echos by Karsten Knight

Gifted:
Fated by Alyson Noel
Catching Jordan by Miranda Kennealy

And that's it for me! Happy reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...