9.16.2012

State of the Union: Week of 9/9

Hey guys! How you doing this fine day?

WHAT AM I WATCHING?

these are the main characters! 
1. Fairy Tail

So the reason I started this one is so silly: Guy With Pink Hair (it always takes me a while to remember people's names) looked a lot like Black Star (I spent the first three episodes calling him Pink Star). BUT I had also heard a lot of good stuff about it and it's really popular so I thought: why not! Most of the episodes are on Hulu and I'm really enjoying it so far. It's fun, filled with magic and some occassional deeper meaning, and badass-ness.

2. Sword Art Online

So I have so many mixed feelings about this series at the moment. SPOILERS AHEAD FOR EPISODE 9 AND UP. I mean, they're already MARRIED. I know it's meant to just be a short series but everything is happening so quickly and..booo. But Kirito and Asuna are still adorable and all that; I was just expecting some epic fighting and plot. I think it's just because I'm used to it but who knows.

3. Bleach

I know. I know. I am insane for starting this because it's on like episode 1000 but I wanted to ask you guys: worth it? I read the first volume at Barnes and Nobles yesterday and I liked it! But I've heard as the story goes on, the quality goes down.

WHAT AM I READING?

I finished Ao No Exorcist / Blue Exorcist manga! I really, really enjoyed it and I can't wait for the next chapter to come out. Rin is amazing and once I got to the Impure King Arc, I was sold.

I got half-way through Unravel Me by Tahereh Mafi but...it got stolen. I KNOW I KNOW, evil school people. I'm trying my best to track it down but I have a feeling it's lost forever. And I was at a good part so just...all the suck. As for my thoughts on the book sadly, it's not living up to the first one for me. More details once my review is up but that's my general thought.

Other than that, I'm almost done with Beause it is my Blood by Gabrielle Zevin, the sequel to All These Things I've Done and I'm loooving it. Seriously, she writes awesome books. 
BOOK HAULING IT UP:

For Review:
Fathomless by Jackson Pearce (excited! Jackson's book are usually hit or miss for me so we'll see!
Vessel by Sarah Beth Durst (SO PSYCHED OH MY GOD)
In A Fix by Linda Grimes (Haven't heard of it and it showed up unexpectedly! But it looks cool so I'm gonna give it a shot)

Bought:
Fullmetal Alchemist Volume 1 by Hiromu Arakawa (I've read the entire manga but since she is brilliant, I want to support her and buy the entire series. Slowly but surely!)
Fullmetal Alchemist Volume 4-5-6 by Hiromu Arakawa

Gifted:
Innocent Darkness by Suzanne Lazear (Ahh! Suzanne is so sweet and sent me one of her author copies signed!)

Happy Reading!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...